Saturday 23 February 2008

Music 3



Some more music I've been enjoying of late.



MGMT have a good single - the album isn't all that. But 'TIME TO PRETEND' is very nice - out at the end of March. Even my mum likes it (she's getting quite cool in her old age, we're off to see Band Of Horses on Sunday)






I've also been enjoying 'ROCKET' by Working For A Nuclear Free City. They are from Wilmslow (posh bit of Cheshire) where Doves are from (and I grew up in next door Poynton) They are touring at the moment and are great live. Their album 'Businessmen and Ghosts' is really well put together - bit Krauty, bit electronic, some acoustic stuff, some short tracks, some long uns.


and here's 'SEE THESE BONES' from the always excellent Nada Surf. The band have been around for about 10 years but have never really broken through (they're American) despite having a fairly poppy sound (don't let that put you off - they do it brilliantly) Their new album 'The Night' is their 6th, and is very good. Maybe they're just a bit too old now and have missed their chance, hope not.



That's about all I've time for - I'm also liking Team Water Polo, Animal Collective, and the new Grand National single - which I'll stick up next week x

No comments: