Tuesday 29 January 2008

Music Two




I imagine this blogging thing'll last for maybe a month tops (like most things I 'get into') I started writing a diary this year, and wrote about 1000 words a day, but for a month.
No wonder I'm preoccupied with trying to find some stability in my life.

What's this got to do with music?

I suppose that's what I get from music - a feeling of unfluctuating stability, some kind of constant in my life, I can get bored of it, fall out of love with it, fall in love with it, but always feeling like I'm getting an emotional response from it.
Anyway - There's not enough below, so here are some more songs that have been keeping me chipper (or making me wallow in self pity etc)


This lot are called The Royal We, from Glasgow, could they look any more Scottish? No. The one on the left is pretty. Here is their single 'All The Rage' I really like it. Some of the members are also in the band Correcto.













Here's lovely St Vincent's 'Apocalypse Song' she looks a bit like a Tim Burton drawing, I imagine (based on having NEVER met her) that she's a bit of a nause. Regardless - good song, nice scarf / outfit / guitar combo.
















...and finally for today here's the super brilliant HOLY FUCK from Canada - I do wish bands wouldn't have wacky names - it makes you think they might be rubbish when they are infact very good - 'Modest Mouse', I rest my case. Here's HOLY FUCK'S beautiful instrumental 'Lovely Allen'








My plan is to have an electronic music post on this blog too. In a different section so the techno kids don't have to bump into the fey indie types whilst wandering about. This week I got some good bits from Switch, Alex Under, Kolombo, Pig&Dan, Kris Menace, and a really ace Dubfire remix of System Seven. I'll get em up when I get back from Chicago (might even do a little diary)









x










No comments: