Wednesday 6 February 2008

PUNX NOT DEAD ETC



I went to see Gallows the other night, a group from England I'm fond of - they were playing at Metro. It wasn't hugely busy and maybe the venue was a little large for them - though it was Super Bowl Sunday AND there was a snowstorm. I took some pictures, drank some beer, then went out till the middle of the night and don't remember getting home (no pics of that thankfully)


Here's lead singer Frank Carter. He also works as a tattoo artist and sometiems works at Steve Byrnes (who does mine) here's Franks tattoos page http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=68437281


...and here's the pics what I done took - Great gig - though I did get a bit squashed, and there was quite a lot of spitting and leaping around into the audience (I didn't take pictures of that)






Here's Frank pulling some American shapes - he's incredibley polite and humble. Punks are funny these days eh - most of them are straight-edge (no smoking drinking or sex - I'm considering it myself) and apart from the spitting and swearing they seemed like a lovely bunch of boys.


and finally here's my Favourite Gallows track 'Kill The Rhythm'
oi!



No comments: