Wednesday 6 February 2008

Rockin' an Bowlin'



We went to the Rock 'n' Bowl. See what they did?

The sign outside is huge. They know about signs in America (note I didn't use the word 'signage' as it doesn't exist/isn't a real word) I've taken a tonne of pictures of signs since I came here, but have refrained (spared you) from posting them up.

Think about the signs on the shops where you live, in England.

They're shit aren't they?

If in doubt just put loads of lightbulbs up and make em massive.




I liked the carpet at the Rock N Bowl- it reminded me of my mate Jimmy, I don't know why.




Bowling AND cocktails.



Though I opted for a tasty Miller Hi Life - 'The Champagne of Beers' - I wonder what the miserable French think about that.


Malt, barley, hops, and delicious alchohol




Me and Brad did that cool/hilarious joke where you swap glasses.



I ate a nice healthy dinner and bowled like a girl






Ben was a bit shit/drunk - though he beat me



I came last, even 2 girls beat me, I think it's the national sport here and they play a lot more, also, my shoes were a little tight, I think the lanes are narrower than in the UK, and the floor was really slippy, plus the ball weights are all in imperial weights and that gets really confusing.
Here's Camper Van Beethoven's classic 'Take The Skinheads Bowling' from 1985, and HERE is Teenage Fanclub's cover - also really good.
Though Scotch.
Don't say I never give you nuthin for nuthin. Or something. Or other.
Bye now.

No comments: